Monday, March 12, 2007

The weekend at Branston was enjoyable, fine weather and chatting to other boaters and walkers on the towpath. I emptied the front cockpit onto the bank on Sunday. Its amazing how much junk can accumulate in such a small area in such a short time. Gave me a chance to have a sort out and clean up before reloading it.
Had an 11 mile training run on Sunday, but I seem to have pulled a muscle in my left hip, causing a bit of pain. I’ll have to see how it goes.

I started today with a 5 mile steady run, but if anything the injury feels worse, so I’ll take a couple of days off for repair.
Then we had a gentle, uneventful cruise through to Alrewas.
Strolled up to the Co-op and did a bit of shopping, then carried on out of the village, through Bagnall lock and moored past the road bridge. In the past we’ve moored nearer Common lock, but last time we struggled to get close into the bank, so we decided to moor on the pilings nearer the village.

Locks 5, miles 5½

No comments: